Check out these great pictures from the Creekfire event that happened this weekend! If you missed it, stayed tuned for the date of the next one. It’s sure to be a great family-fun event for all!
Another great lineup of family films are scheduled for the 2016 summer movie series held at Kiwanis Lake, North Newberry Street and Parkway Blvd on Wednesday evenings, from June 15th to July 27th. Movies will start at dusk (8:30 pm).
This year ES3 has partnered with the City to offer free light refreshments prior to the start of the movie. The summer movie series is free to the public and the movies that have been selected are children appropriate for families to enjoy.
Bring a lawn chair or a blanket, and your favorite snacks, than sit back, relax and enjoy the movie. Restrooms will be open for public use in Farquhar Park.
Movies will not be shown during inclement weather. Rain date will be Thursdays.
The weather is getting warmer! Get outside and ride!
Check out the new Bike York page — Bike York is a community-based alliance of individuals and organizations promoting bikes for fun, fitness, and transportation.
BEWARE OF SCAMMERS- It has come to our attention that our ads have been duplicated fraudulently. Do Not Send Money to Unknown Persons.
Here are some great tips to help you stay safe when conducting business online!
- Deal locally, face-to-face —follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
- Do not extend payment to anyone you have not met in person or an unknown business.
- Beware of offers involving shipping.
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) – anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen—that amazing “deal” may not exist.
- Refuse background/credit checks for unknown or unverified landlords/employers.
Most scams attempts involve one or more of the following:
- Email or text from someone that is not local to your area.
- Vague initial inquiry, e.g. asking about “the item.” Poor grammar/spelling.
- Western Union, Money Gram, cashier check, money order, paypal, shipping, escrow service, or a “guarantee.”
- Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face to complete the transaction.
Who should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC Video: How to report scams to the FTC
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- SIIA Software and Content Piracy reporting
- Ohio Attorney General Consumer Complaints
- New York Attorney General, Avoid Online Investment Fraud
Head downtown for National Small Business Week until May 7 and see how our locally owned businesses provide downtown York with the unique character that makes our downtown stand out. #ShopSmallYorkhttps://www.facebook.com/events/1105120882872247/
Have you cleaned today? Downtown York, PA came up with an initiative to help clean up the city called TAKE 10 TUESDAY! Check out our team doing their part cleaning up the city! #Take10Tuesday #TEAMELITE http://www.downtownyorkpa.com/take10ontuesday/
- UPGRADE YOUR LIGHT BULBS – By replacing your frequently used light bulbs with energy efficient ones, you can save $65 a year in energy costs. Helpful Hint: Make sure you turn out lights as you leave a room to save even more energy.
- REDUCE HEAT LOSS – Apply plastic or bubble wrap to windows to reduce loss of air. This will help to reduce heating costs and improve drafts significantly.
- ADJUST YOUR THERMOSTAT – If you are going to be away for an extended period of time, adjust the temperature in your apartment to save large amounts in energy costs per year.
- USE NATURE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE – Keep your blinds open during the day to take advantage of natural, solar heating in winter but, keep the blinds closed during the day in summer to keep rooms cool.
- AVOID PHANTOM ENERGY WASTE – Unplug appliances and electronics when they are not in use. These devices use energy, even when turned off. This accounts for 5 percent to 10 percent of residential energy use, costing the average U.S. household $100 per year.
- ONLY HEAT ROOMS YOU USE – Close heating vents in rooms that are not being used on a regular basis. There is no need to waste energy heating rooms that are not being occupied, i.e. guest rooms, attics, etc.
- CONSERVE HOT WATER – Wash your laundry in cold water whenever possible. Hot water accounts for the majority of energy used in wash cycles.
- MAXIMIZE LAUNDRY EFFICIENCY – Don’t over dry your clothes and make sure you cycle full loads through the washer and dryer.
- CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND YOU – Keep from constantly opening the refrigerator and freezer doors by getting the things you need in groups and quickly. The more often you open the doors or stand with the doors open, the more the refrigerator/freezer has to work to keep it cold.
- CONSERVE WATER – Turn off water when not using it (shaving, doing dishes, brushing teeth)
With these tips, you will be saving tons of money – as well as energy – in no time!
Now that Elite Property Management, Inc. is on Facebook, please Like our page to stay up to date with new listings, relevant local news, and other information! If you have any suggestions for posts or have any questions, feel free to post them there or email us directly through our website. We’d appreciate your feedback and will do our best to respond in a timely manner.
Click on the screen shot below for a link to our Facebook page!